Saturday, February 28, 2009

I don't sleep before trips...

It is two a.m., and I'm obviously not sleeping. I've just finished (hopefully) packing for my spring break trip to NYC. I'm going with about 21 other really cool people, and I'm so excited!

So here's what I'm excited about:
  • intentional relationship building with people who I think are really cool, but don't know very well
  • exploring NYC
  • Broadway shows = love
  • seeing God work in really cool ways
  • doing various service projects & "reliving" summer project
Things that I'm nervous about:
  • sharing my faith with other random college students
  • jealousy
  • feeling overwhelmed in a group 24/7
  • unfulfilled expectations
So that said, I would LOVE your prayers over the next week. I'm really excited to be doing a trip so similar to my summer project in Seattle from two summers ago, but I'm also nervous that I have unrealistic expectations about how great this week will be. I know that God is going to do some really cool things, and hopefully use us in unexpected ways, and I hope that I can get past my own agenda to actually see the crazy things happening all around me.

In other news, I'm finally done with midterms and able to relax. I don't have class on Fridays, so I spent all day today running errands preparing to leave tomorrow, but I got to end the day hanging out with a few friends watching HSM3 (best movie ever made? okay, maybe not, but still funny and wonderful!). Saddest part of my day though was missing out on catching up with a friend who was in town for the day, because I had such a weird/busy schedule. Friendships are so difficult post college (well, she's post college); it's hard to stay in touch. I'm not incredibly excited about dealing with that in FOURTEEN months, but I'm not going to worry about it for the next thirteen months.

Time to get some sleep! We leave in a few hours... so pray for safe travels for us too! And expect an update when I get back on how amazing the trip was AND how twilight II is (I'll be reading it on the bus!)

love, me